If this is the first time you are using a Hololens, you will need to know some basic gestures to be able to navigate menus etc.
Hololens 2 has full hand tracking, as a result if you need to select an object/button simply push your finger through it:
To open the main menu
Hold out one of your hands with the palm facing up, and look at your wrist. You should see a holographic Microsoft Windows logo.
With the hand that you're holding out, touch your index finger to your thumb in a pinching motion.
Hololens 1 uses gesture recognition.
To open the main menu:
- Hold your hand in front of you so it's in the gesture frame.
- Bloom: bring all of your fingers together then open your hand.
To select an app or other hologram, air tap it while looking directly at the hologram you're selecting. To do this, follow these steps:
- Gaze at the hologram you want to select.
- Point your index finger straight up toward the ceiling.
- Air tap: lower your finger, then quickly raise it.