Your Hololens must be connected to a Wifi network to work with Fologram. Fologram can run without internet access (noting the license requirements), but both the desktop pc running Fologram for Rhino/Grasshopper and the Hololens must be connected to the same network. If you are setting up your Hololens out of the box, Cortana will prompt you to connect to an available Wifi network during setup. If you are using a shared device or working in a new location, you may need to reconnect your device.
Streaming large CAD models, sharing holograms between many devices or prolonged Mixed Reality capture all require network bandwidth. Keep this in mind if connecting through a Wifi hotspot running on a mobile phone. A Wifi router running a modern protocol may improve latency.
Connecting to Wifi
- To connect to wifi, launch the Settings app from the home screen.
- Open the Network and Internet page.
- Make sure Wifi is turned on.
- Choose a network.
- Enter your username and password.
Common connection issues
- The HoloLens has known issues verifying security certificates with some enterprise networks.